Perdido Key is paradise. It is a place to reconnect with yourself, your family and nature. We personally love it for all the beach days and sunsets but Perdido has so much more to offer. Whether directly on the island or just off of it, here are our favorite things to do.
1. Enjoy a beach day at Johnson Beach. Located on the east end of the island , the Gulf Island National Seashore is six miles of protected coastline. Pack a cooler, grab the beach chairs and spend a day enjoying white sands and emerald waters.
2. Take a hike at Big Lagoon State Park and Tarklin Bayou Preserve State Park. Located a few miles off the Key, both state parks contain many trails allowing you to connect with nature and possibly spot a Bald Eagle.
3. Take your paddle board or kayak for a spin on the water. The public kayak launch located on River Road is the perfect place to start. Park in the small gravel lot and follow the path to the water. Once on the water explore the small islands located where Ole River and The Intercoastal Waterway meet.
4. Have a picnic or just let the kids play at Innerarity Point Park. Located just off the island at 5828 Cruzat Way.
5. End your day with a glass of wine watching the sunset. There is not a bad place on the beach to finish the day viewing the cotton candy sunset.
Perdido Key is small, low key and simple, but there is always something to do.